As WordPress so very helpfully informed me, this is my very first post.
I’m so excited. Well, what to say?
I’ve actually been writing blog posts for a while but I just type them on my laptop and save them to a folder. I don’t think I ever thought I’d actually post them online but I’ve decided… “Eh, why not.”
I don’t really have anything against blogs personally. There are some really interesting ones of people with really interesting lives. But I’m not one of those people. I live a pretty plain life (no, this is not a cover up for my other secret life as a crime-fighting billionaire femme fatale. Honest)
This is going to be one of those “In my opinion…” kind of blogs. I don’t really like those types of blogs because I’m all like “Pssh. No one cares about your opinion.” But now I’m going to create one of those blogs. Yay, hypocrisy.
So seeing as this is my first post, I shall make it an introductory one. I’m going to do a “20 Facts About Me” in a primary-school-essay type manner.
- My name is Jemima Abu. I actually really like my name; it’s not common but it’s not Peculiar either (that’s a play on words not a typo. Somebody on this Earth is actually named Peculiar. I know.)
- I was born on the 8th of December. That makes me a Sagittarius or, according to the new Zodiac signs, Ophiuchus. Which sounds repulsive. So no thank you.
- I’m from Edo State in Nigeria. (Please save all the witch jokes. I’ve heard them all and then some. Besides, if I really do have magical powers, you wouldn’t want to infuriate me, now would you?)
- I’m a student at University of Lagos and I’m studying Systems Engineering. More because I’m good at Math and Physics than for any other “This is what I would like to do with my life” reason.
- My favorite color is… I don’t have one. I love all colors of all shades and sizes #OpenMinded
- I love writing. Writing is the best thing because you can create your own little world and escape into it any time and everyone has to do everything you say (apart from that annoying moment when your characters take on a life of their own, so it’s more like you’re following their lead) and you can make anyone who pisses you off die a horrid and tragic death.
- I love reading, I think, even more than writing. Because reading is less work. You can just escape into someone else’s work and it’s like a brand new world where you can battle dragons and fly to outer space and have a margarita with your fabulous friends while juggling two boyfriends and an extremely successful job.
- I love food. Like really, really love it. Not even just eating it. I love everything about it. That wonderful aroma that surrounds the entire room when it’s ready. How it looks even if it’s not garnished or anything, just the fact that you can see it and you know it’s going to be delicious. When you’re eating it and it’s like… orgasmic. I have very inappropriate thoughts about food. I even love cooking. Luckily for me, I’m that eat-as-much-as-you-want-and-never-gain-a-pound kind of person.
- I also love money. Not really money per se; after all, it seems kind of silly loving pieces of paper and metal. I love the idea of money. I love being able to buy stuff even though I’d rather not buy any because I like hoard all my money and stare at it lovingly or roll around in it. But I love the idea that I can buy stuff if I wanted to.
- I equally love music. I can never go anywhere without my earphones. Or my phone. I’d rather leave my school books at home than go out without my phone. #SeriousStudent I don’t really have a favorite genre of music or anything but I’ve been really into Indie and Alternative music recently. (You know, the type of band you listen to so that when someone says “Oh, this is a nice song. Who’s it by?” you can go “You wouldn’t know them. They’re very underground.” in an ever so condescending manner)
- I’ve recently gotten really into yoga. Mostly for the Instagram benefits of it. Like “Oh, I’ll just casually drop this picture of me doing a handstand and a perfect split at the same time. No biggie.”
- I love cartoons. Because cartoons don’t grow old and they don’t die and they don’t get restraining orders against you simply because you followed them home a couple of times. Gravity Falls, Gumball, Adventure Time and Phineas & Ferb are a few of my favorites currently.
- I’m not a very insightful person. I’m not deep or philosophical. If you were expecting one of those ‘What is life?” kinda blogs, try again.
- I have a bit of a superiority complex.
- I can’t think of up to 20 facts and this fact saddens me a little.
So, that is that then. You’ll probably get to know more about me as time goes on. I’m being very optimistic by typing ‘you’ because, for all I know I might be the only one to ever view this blog. But I’m hopeful (yes, I am).
I guess I’ll sign off now.